Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Never give up


It was like old times for Julia and me. Here we were, at a 40th birthday bash for Matt Goss. I can’t remember the last time we went on a girls’ night out. The party was amazing. A hip and happening disco (I realize the fact that I just wrote the words disco, hip and happening means I’m not), great food - British fodder like fish and chips, bangers and mash, and mushy peas - endless champagne and a sensational cake surrounded by Cadbury’s Flakes. A truly top night. Just 100 of Matt’s closest friends.

Being 40 isn’t so bad when you have a gorgeous fiancée who adores you, a great house, a new album coming out, drive a Maserati and only look 25. Matt’s mum was there, but not his identical twin, Luke (who was celebrating their big four-oh quietly in Palm Springs). It’s wonderful that the Goss brothers are still in the game after more than 20 years.

Julia’s busy preparing for her next tour to promote her jazz album, China Blue. Click onto www.juliafordham.com for details. And we’re looking set to go to France on October 24th for The Making Of Plus One movie. I have a meeting with Mary McGuckian this week to hear the latest, so, all in all, I musn’t grumble. Fingers crossed the current financial woes aren’t affecting our movie. She’s invited all the cast to the Chateau Marmont for lunch this weekend. I doubt she’d do that if she had bad news.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photo
You can find out more about Matt Goss at www.mattgoss.biz

3:16 PM  
Blogger Allison (Glasgow) said...

OMG! I am sooo jealous, what I would give to have a hug with him, gorgeous! If you'd written anything but 'Disco' I would have been confused but maybe that's just my age.

Good luck with the movie and for Julia's tour. Here's hoping us folks in the UK will get a tour soon......down on knees begging.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Allison,
I have finally worked out how to communicate with you. Unless you email me directly I don't have your email address. You can click on contact author on my clairefordham.com website and the email will come to me. I so remember you and have appreciated all your comments. Sadly, Julia is not planning a tour of the UK any time soon. It's just so expensive to tour these days but we will be in Blighty to visit Mum and Dad after France. Thanks for your support all these years.
Love,
Claire

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt Goss of Bros??? Wow - what a blast from the past. That was the first cassette tape I ever bought!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home